Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bob's First Banter

Hello. And welcome to my blog. We're all starting the New Year around here (KTAB) with the opportunity to have a new style of two-way communication with you. Of course, television is just one-way. You're watching at home, and I'm hoping you're paying attention. Often it seems you're paying attention when we make an error (which hopefully doesn't happen too often.) That's when you call, which all of a sudden makes it two-way communication. We want to hear about that, of course, so we don't make the same mistake twice.
Actually, I'm amazed every time we do a newscast. With reporters and photographers gathering news all day, based on assignments from the assignment editor, then bringing back the video and the facts to write and edit stories, which the producer organizes into a newscast, which the director, audio operator, graphics designer, and studio crew put on the air, live, with the anchors on set, and with only a hiccup or two.... its a complement to each individual who spends her/his day getting a newscast together for you. Weather and sports are working at the same time to build their segments of the broadcast. And it comes your way at 6 and 10pm, plus our other casts at 5:30am, noon, and 5pm. And the developing new world of news delivery right here on the internet.
I'm wishful that your Christmas and New Year holidays were what you hoped they would be.
Until next time here, or on KTAB, Happy New Year.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Bob!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start my day with Ron and Kira and the Early Show and end my day with you and Angela. I just read Angelas blog and then yours. How exciting that Angela is sharing her pregnancy with us all! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on what is happening in our city and the world and Happy New Year to you and all the KTAB staff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging Bob... looking forward to more of your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work. I have been watching KTAB since it first came on the air. I watched you, Bob, before KTAB was started. The Best I can remember you were a very young man at that time!! Actually I was younger also. You are growing older gracefully. I can't imagine watching any other News program.
    It is a good thing my son, Terry Miller, once worked at KTAB, because I wouldn't have changed if he had worked at another one. haha Don't tell him I said that.
    I hope you, and Angela, and Dan, and David, stay together at KTAB for many more years.

    ReplyDelete